It’s a blooming giveway!

I have a dark secret.

I am a plant killer.

I am a great fan of gardening, but I am afraid I have killed a lot of plants in my time.

And they all died in the same manner.

Death by dehydration.

In Seattle, lack of water in the garden is only really a dilemma during July, August and part of September.  I have never installed a sprinkler or drip irrigation system in our garden.  And as a result, I have killed quite a few plants during quite a few summers.  But no more.  I now have what it takes to keep my garden verdant during the summer.  I have Dramm!

Dramm makes everything you need to keep your plants happy and healthy.  Dramm is located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.  John G. Dramm started the Dramm Corporation in 1945.  John G. Dramm was a florist and decided to invent the florist’s “better mousetrap”; a nozzle able to apply very large quantities of water to greenhouse plants in a soft stream.  This “better mousetrap” became the 400 Water Breaker, a nozzle still used by commercial flower growers worldwide.  Mr. Dramm’s story is inspirational yet quintessentially American.  He kept his day job working as a florist but developed his new business in his “spare time”, filling the 400 Water Breaker orders at night.  Sadly, Mr. Dramm died suddenly in 1951.  But Dramm lived on.

Mr. Dramm’s wife Perdita and his two boys kept the business alive.  And Dramm remains a family business to this day, with several members of the Dramm family currently at the helm.  And the Dramm family is still making wonderful watering products in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.  My favorite Dramm products are the Sunrise Rain Wands (available in six rainbow colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and berry),

Dramm ColorStorm Premium Rubber Hoses,

and Dramm watering cans.

And now the best news.  You can win a Dramm Sunrise Rain Wand or a Dramm watering can just by sending me a comment to this post that includes a couple of pieces of required information.  First, what is the favorite plant in your garden?  Second, what American products have you purchased in the last six months?  I have two Sunrise Rain Wands and two Dramm watering cans.  Let me know if you want a wand or a watering can.  I will try to give you your choice, depending on the choices of those who commented before you.

With my Dramm Sunrise Rain Wand, the plants in my garden can breathe a sigh of relief.  With my Dramm wand, this summer my garden will look like this,

rather than like this.

Boy, that looks rather familiar.

Advertisements

About tapirking

I live in Seattle and love telling stories about Americans, the places where they work and the things that they make.
This entry was posted in american made, Made in America, made in usa, recreation and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to It’s a blooming giveway!

1. Lynn Stewart says:

Favorite plant in the garden would be basil, I have so much of it I have been able to freeze pesto and give some away. I just bought an American made clamp from Jorgensen. I bought it over a china made clamp and it was cheaper!

2. Andy says:

I just bought my second Dramm watering wand last week.It has a squeeze handle. I found out about them because the local greenhouses(pretty much bedding plants only-South America has killed the cut flower greenhouses that used to abound around here)use them. They are wonderful.They water fast but without squishing the plants.I highly recommend if you have a lot of potted plants or a square foot garden.Makes it so much quicker to water.
    Just one thing since you are working with the company.Tell them to clearly mark that they are made in America!I I was not really sure when I bought the product so I am glad to find they are.

3. aghman says:

My favorite plant in my garden is my evergreen huckleberry bush (just planted this year.)
    I’ve bought a lot of American-made products, but the one that sticks out most are my Purdy paintbrushes (made in Oregon). They’re super high quality, far outshining the cheaper brushes we’ve bought over the years.

• tapirking says:

Aghman: Thanks for the comment. I also love Purdy brushes. If you want to find out about more Made in America painting equipment, check out my post “Paint me Red, White, and Blue!” You qualify for a Dramm prize; do you want a watering wand or a watering can? Let me know and send me your street address at my email, simplyamericanbriggs@gmail.com. Congradulations!

4. aghman says:

My favorite plant in my garden in probably my evergreen huckleberry, it’s got beautiful leaves and (eventually) tasty berries. My favorite American-made products I’ve bought recently are Purdy paintbrushes (made in Oregon). They’re very high quality and last!

5. Ruth Clausen says:

Today it’s swamp mallow-Hibiscus moscheutos-in all its massive glory with huge flowers. Burt’s Bees products are American made and always reliable with a good price-point.

6. Eric Bowman says:

My favorite plants are the CYCADS! I volunteer and take care of the Cycad collection at the UCSC Arboretum. I would love to have a wand so I don’t have to borrow other people’s wands. I try to buy American-made products, such as Daniel Smith watercolor paints. But my favorite American-made products are all the delicious fruits and vegetables that the California organic farmers grow near my house. The strawberries are especially delicious!

• tapirking says:

Eric: You win! I will be sending you a red Dramm Sunrise wand to you. You need to email me your address so I can send the wand to you. My email address is simplyamericanbriggs@gmail.com. Please consider becoming a follower of my blog so you can get my posts sent to you by email.

All the best,